Wednesday Confessions: The Potato Cleanse Edition

I'm back and here with one confession...

  • I'm on a Potato Cleanse. Somehow I convinced my husband to do this cleanse with (not quite sure how I did that) and we are on day 3. The cleanse is comprised of potatoes, potatoes, and more potatoes, with some non-starchy veggies thrown in for variety.  I will admit that I've been super hangry and downright grumpy during the first few days.  I'm pretty sure it's my body revolting and turning me into the Incredible Hulk on the regular. Anyway, hopefully day 4 is easier. I've done cleanses before and somewhere between day 4 and day 5 is the turning point where the anger calms down and your body settles into its new way of eating.
  • The point of the cleanse? I'm quitting sugar, wheat, fats and dairy. All at once (#beastmode). I've had an awful diet of late and it's just time to clean it all up and get back to eating more real food and less processed food. 
  • I also want to prove to myself that I can do it:) If you're interested in how I'm doing, I'm vlogging every day! Check out the first 3 days:

  • Wish me luck! I really want to make it through 2 weeks and see if a plant-based cleanse really makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment


 photo copyright.jpg
envye template.